Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

I've been so busy of late.
Had an eventful weekend - but I may get to that in my next blog post.

What I wanted to discuss in this entry is online shopping.
The digital age is amazing. And I myself have purchased numerous things online.
Take 2; Kalahari.net - are two of my favourites.

I have used sacamera.co.za for camera equipment. It is cheaper than the retailers most of the time. Also a benefit is that it has stock and availability which most stores that you visit do not.
I have for a long time watched prices on ebay and seen the HUGE price differences.
So this leads me to my new discovery. Bid or Buy has been around for some time, but it was only recently that I read an article in a magazine that I bought describing them more in depth.
New and used items bought mostly locally from sellers within South Africa.
I signed up, browsed around and found something that really caught my eye.

A wide angle lens. Considerably cheaper than any other place. The seller, based in Johannesburg. I am based in Durban.

To cut things short, I placed my order and paid on Wednesday and recieved my new lens in the box on Friday! Turns out it was sent for delivery on Thursday but they couldn't find my address.

Amazing stuff. With the cost of so many products being so expensive in shops. Why are we so sceptical about going online.
I will definately be giving bid or buy a look every now and then and would highly recommend you not rule it out.

On a side note: Picture attached is a back and front of my new business cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment