Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Décor

décor n 1: decoration consisting of the layout and furnishings of a livable interior [syn: interior decoration, decor]

One of my favourite parts of capturing events and birthday parties is the pictures of the décor.
I try to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the function to get some good shots of the setup and décor.
Somebody took a lot of time and put in a lot of effort to make the venue presentable and I think that it is a good starting point to the photographic aspect of the event.

I also enjoy taking pictures of the décor as it allows me to get a bit creative and try new things. Up close, far away, some blur... in-focus and distorted images.

I did a 27th Birthday Party a few weeks back.
These are some of the shots I took prior to the arrival of the guests.












No comments:

Post a Comment