Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Your #ProjectScouted Top 3 – Kristan Oldewage


Scouted by Helen Borg on Facebook, you’d never guess that Grade 11 student at St. Henry’s Marist College, Kristan Oldewage, doesn’t have any modelling experience – especially since she’s even won a few phases in the Project! She calls herself a ‘die-hard Durbanite’ and we’re pretty sure that she has made the Durban who knows her very proud.



LFP: What was the most memorable phase in the Project for you?
Kristan: Jerome’s concept of the dolls in the Phase 10 shoot, definitely!



LFP: Which phase was the most difficult personally and how did you come through triumphantly?
Kristan: Phase 8 – The underwater shoot. I had to push the barrier stopping me from continuing. I needed to concentrate to make sure that I didn’t look like I was holding my breath, to make sure I looked like I was playing tennis at the bottom of a pool, and to make sure that I didn’t drown! Haha! It was very difficult but I got through it.



LFP: Looking back, if you could, would you do anything differently?
Kristan: I feel that in the beginning phases, I would definitely not have stressed so much because it really wasn’t necessary. It just ended up holding me back from what I was capable of. I’ve stopped stressing since!

LFP: If you are not chosen as the winner, which of the other girls, from all the other phases included, would you have liked to be the winner?
Kristan: Sansha Lambert – She has maintained positive vibes throughout and has proven that dynamite definitely comes in small packages!



LFP: What do you think is the quality you have that sets you apart as the winner from the other girls?
Kristan: I feel that I am always open to trying new things and doing different things. I’m always keen to just go with the flow; anything to make those final images look on point!

LFP: Do you have any advice for the girls who would like to be scouted to be a part of the Project next year?
Kristan: This is 100% a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I feel that the next group of girls need to bring something to the competition that will set them apart from every other girl. Be as unique as possible, different isn’t wrong.



LFP: How has being a part of #ProjectScouted changed your life in the past few months?
Kristan: The Project has offered so much exposure for me; my life is not the same as it was before the Project. My eyes have been opened to a fun side of modelling; if this is the life of a model, then it’s like being happy is your job.

LFP: What have you learned about yourself during the Project?
Kristan: I have discovered a new self-confidence that I didn’t have before. I am more comfortable with my imperfections now and am now not afraid to put on a pair of heels and strut what I was blessed with.



LFP: Having the experience of the Project now behind your name, where do you see yourself going from here?
Kristan: I will definitely use this experience to go further with modelling and explore new opportunities that are thrown at me. Exciting stuff is in order, watch this space!



LFP: Anything else you’d like to share with the Project fans?
Kristan: There are just not enough words to describe how grateful I am for being chosen to be a part of such an amazing Project, let alone the unforgettable friendships that were built amongst everyone. A massive ‘thank you’ doesn’t even come close to how thankful I am to Lee Folkard and my scout for making this real for me. This time last year, never would I ever have imagined of being involved in such an incredible Project. A huge shout-out to all the talented make-up artists for putting in long hours to make the models look photo-ready; your work is beautiful.  Thank you so much to the photographers and videographers who have also captured the memories from each phase. Lastly, thank you to Iman Sheik for helping us strike the perfect poses. Everyone’s support throughout the Project is much appreciated and once the Project is over, I will miss this family so much. Project Scouted, Cycle 2 – you have been a treat!


The end has come and there is only one phase left until our #ProjectScouted Cycle 2 winner is chosen. Will it be Kristan?

No comments:

Post a Comment